Friday, February 1, 2008

Smiles Are Free

A couple of days ago I went to fill up a water bottle to use later as shower water. We filter our supply of green water, then put it out in the Sun to solar disinfect it. When I picked up the water bottle that I had made Kool-Aid in the day before, I hesitated, but then realized any left over flavor would be a nice addition. It's the closest I'm going to get to a perfumed bubble bath.

I smile every time I think about it. I find it a little funny, but mostly I smile because I never could have imagined that I would consider such a simple thing so special.

Something shower related and extra special: The other day I used a water bottle from the Sun to take a shower in the afternoon for the first time in the last four months, and it was still warm! I couldn't believe it. The warm water was like a spa or something. I really felt like I wasn't in the middle of nowhere!

No comments: