Thursday, January 31, 2008

Familiar Can Be Comforting

After an evening just sitting and talking about fun stuff, I feel like things are back to how they were with the girls before I left, or better. It's a nice and comforting feeling when everything else has changed here, including the relationships, even though I was only gone for two weeks.

The changes are everywhere. Our living situation has changed; food, water, and rooming. We have a lot more work to do in the lab and otherwise. The weather is cooler and more gray. Travel won't be as certain as last time with the political situation in Kenya. And when all of the short term visitors, from various groups, made it hard to hang out with the girls, that was the icing on the cake. Change isn't always bad, but I was feeling a little lost.

Regardless of whether everything will stay back-to-normal or not, I feel comforted and ready to tough out whatever I have to.

No comments: